Tuesday, March 18, 2014

You Are There

I wrote this poem two months ago sitting on the floor in the Neuro intensive care unit of a hospital while awaiting test results regarding my father-in-law's stroke. After dealing with two deaths less than a month before, I was left reeling with too many emotions. Figuring out how to comfort and support my heartbroken husband of only four months, and struggling with my own fears and doubts in the situation, I felt God pressing me to write this. I hope it speaks comfort to you, no matter where you're at.
______________________________

In the pain of the day
and the silence of the night
You are there

In my moments of weakness
and my failing of strength
You are there

In my lack of understanding
and my foolish impatience
You are there

In the fears that overwhelm
and when peace feels out of reach
You are there

In the laughter of children
and our praise sung loud
You are there

In the tears of a mother
and the longings of a father
You are there

In my silent prayers
and my lack of words
You are there

In the sweetness of my husband's love
and the acceptance of my family
You are there

In my cries of frustration
and the anger that plagues me
You are there

In the moments of my sin
and my decisions of disobedience
You are there

When I'm disciplined out of love
and directed for greater good
You are there

When the world seems too much
and life feels stuck
You are there

You are there in every moment
You are there in every trial
You are there when I'm lonely
You are there when I can't stand
You are there when I fall
You are there when I get up again
Your love never leaves me, it never fails me, it never lets go


All my love,

Paige


"...and they shall call his name IMMANUEL, which means 'GOD WITH US'."
Matthew 1:23


No comments: