I can't tell you all that I've learned in this past week about the Father Heart of God, because it's far too expansive. However, I can show you glimpses of my journal, glimpses of my heart, so that you may see how God has been working in me this past week.
Prayer 10/6
Father, I want to want you. I want to want you more. I want to long to be in your presence. I want to see your face; I want to hear your voice. Father, I want to know your heart. I want to understand your love for me. I want to feel it. I want to know I'm beloved. I don't understand now, but I want to.
God, you showed Moses your glory. Show me. I want to see you, too.
God, show me your beauty. Reveal to me the wonders of your creation.
O God, you are my God, I earnestly search for you
my soul thirsts for you
my whole body longs for you
Amen.
Poem written in class today, 10/7
I want to love you more,
more than the things of this world,
But every time I try,
I never seem to be satisfied
My world's been shattered
and what you say is
I was there with you then
I saw you then
I cried with you then
I carried you then
Beloved, come home
I fall to my knees
and think what have I done?
and all you do is hold my head high
and say, "I love you, beloved one."
One by one you replace the pieces of my shattered heart
each time saying, "I make all things new.
I give you a healed, new start."
"If it is true that you look favorably on me, let me know your ways so I may understand you more fully and continue to enjoy your favor. " Exodus 33:13
"But satisfy the hunger of your treasured ones... Because I am righteous, I will see you. When I awake, I will see you face to face and be satisfied." Psalm 17:14b-15
"O Lord, open his eyes so that he may see!" 2 Kings 6:17
I have been craving more and more God since I've been here. And I know He satisfies "more than the richest feasts." Psalm 63:5
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment